The contents of this blog are my own personal rantings and opinions and do not represent the positions of the United States government or the Peace Corps.

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Machucando el Final del Verano ::: Smashing the End of Summer

Plump squirrels, cooling temperatures, and children frolicking  in play-yards; the fall season has arrived in the midwest -- and we'll only get a taste. We leave for Paraguay in two days and when we arrive we will be greeted by spring, but not the Chicago kind. Paraguay has sub-tropical and tropical climates, and south of the equator the shorter and milder winter has closed. The passing winter is much like that of Charleston. In fact, at the beginning of September Asuncion had highs in the high 90's. Back in Chicago I could not have asked for a more fulfilling summer. Over the last few weeks my heart has been bursting with so much excitement and love, and my time has been gladly dominated by family gatherings. I'm so lucky to be a part of the Machuca-Sonnefeldt-Berson-Gagliano-Gines family.

Here are some photos from the last few days:


Congrats Mrs. Koprivica! 

It was a blast spending time with the Sonnefeldt-Gagliano-Koprivica gang. 

My aunts and I enjoying our last lunch together before I leave. Bersons represent!

Last supper with the Machuca-Gines crew.

No comments:

Post a Comment