The contents of this blog are my own personal rantings and opinions and do not represent the positions of the United States government or the Peace Corps.

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Machucando "Staging" ::: Crushing "Staging"

Forty-six individuals entered my life today. I've been told that these new people and I will share a indescribable bond that is often unmatched. We will be each other's shoulders and ears, we will share each other's hearts, and we will bolster each other high when we yearn for the ground. I met these talented men and women today at our "staging" event.  We've spent seven hours learning about our travel plans, playing ice breakers, and sharing knowledge about our new host country. I am now huddled around a power station at our gate with six volunteers. Some are talking on their phones and the rest of us are clacking away on our laptops. In less than 12-hours we will find ourselves in Paraguay. My new chapter has already begun and I can't wait for the next page. 

Vincent, the US Paraguay Desk Officer, giving us the 411 on our evening travel. 

Meet the 47-members of Peace Corps Paraguay G43

My luggage marked by Peace Corps Paraguayan tradition. Blue represents my sector (Agriculture) and red that I am married. 

We're almost there! (Can you find Jason in this photo?)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you're in this whole other country by now. I'm excited for you and your husband that you get to have this experience. I hope all went well with your travels. You're going to do awesome- the Peace Corps is lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete